Natural Alternatives for Chronic Pain Management in Amarillo.
Pain is a sign that something has happened, that something is wrong. Acute pain happens quickly and goes away when there is no cause, but chronic pain lasts longer than six months and can continue when the injury or illness has been treated.
Chronic pain is pain that is ongoing and usually lasts longer than six months. This type of pain can continue even after the injury or illness that caused it has healed or gone away. Pain signals remain active in the nervous system for weeks, months or years. Some people in Amarillo suffer chronic pain even when there is no past injury or apparent body damage.
Chronic pain can interfere with your daily life, keeping you from doing things you want and need to do. It can take a toll on your self-esteem and make you feel angry, depressed, anxious, and frustrated.
With chronic pain, your body continues to send pain signals to your brain, even after an injury heals. This can last several weeks to years. Chronic pain can limit your mobility and reduce your flexibility, strength, and endurance. This may make it challenging to get through daily tasks and activities.
Chronic pain is usually caused by an initial injury, such as a back sprain or pulled muscle. It’s believed that chronic pain develops after nerves become damaged. The nerve damage makes pain more intense and long lasting. In these cases, treating the underlying injury may not resolve the chronic pain.
Various lifestyle remedies are available to help ease chronic pain. Examples include:
- Physical therapy
- Tai Chi
- Art and music therapy
- Pet therapy
To help manage your pain, you might consider:
- Planning your day – make a plan of things to do and places to be to help you keep on top of your pain.
- Pacing yourself – don’t push through the pain, stop before it gets worse then go back to whatever you were doing later.
- Relax – Relaxing can be hard when you have pain but finding something which relaxes you will reduce the stress of pain.
- Regular exercise – Even a small amount will make you feel better and ease your pain. It will also keep your muscles and joints strong.
- Physical therapy – includes stretching and activities to strengthen muscle.
- Talking to others – Even a small amount will make you feel better and ease your pain. It will also keep your muscles and joints strong.
- Enjoyment – Doing things you enjoy boosts your own natural painkillers. Think about what you enjoyed before the pain and introduce it back into your routine.
- AVACEN therapy device – Avacen is a heat therapy system indicated for the temporary relief of minor muscle and joint pain and stiffness.
With approximately 3 million treatments and zero reported adverse effects, the AVACEN 100 is the only known medical device able to safely and noninvasively warm the body rapidly by infusing into the circulatory system using the palm of the hand.
When the body feels under threat it produces stress hormones that make us feel anxious and tense. The body sees pain as a threat and when it’s persistent or chronic, it can make us feel unwell.
The goal of treatment for chronic pain is to reduce pain and to improve your ability to function. There are many treatments available. They will usually not take away all of your pain. But they can reduce how much pain you have and how often it occurs.
If you need help discovering the cause of your pain or managing chronic pain naturally, get in touch with Thermography Center. We’re happy to help! Just Click the button below to go to our website, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call: (214) 352-8758